LEVEL 4 / POST 1 (Week 2): A COUNTRY I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT.

Hello everyone!

This is the first blog session of this second semester. Today's topic is related to countries, and you will have to write a 160 word post (as a minimum).


Some important things you can mention in this post are:

- Which country would you like to go to? Why?
- What do you know about it?
- What would you like to do there?
- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.
- Upload at least 2 pictures.


IMPORTANT:

Remember! After your writing activity you must read and leave comments on my blog and on 3 of your classmates' posts.


As a guide, here is my version of this topic:

There are not many opportunities in our life to travel abroad, and as the saying goes “there are no expenses in dreaming”, I would like to visit different places of course but if I have the chance of visiting a country this year, I would definitely pick up Iceland. At this point, you might be asking yourself, Why Iceland? Where is it? Vikings? Elves? I’ve heard is very cold and ice everywhere. Well, let me clue you in.



First of all, it is very important you to know that I love nature and I am really into energies and natural phenomenon, one in particular, Aurora Borealis. There are a few places in which you could see one of them and Iceland is my best option. Apart from this amazing phenomenon it also has incredible beautiful landscapes that you could enjoy all over the country, not enough?

Icelanders are the friendliest country and gender equality is one of the highest in the world. Nowadays, they also play a very important role in music, giving us the opportunity to see musicians like Björk, Of Monsters and Men, Ásgeir, etc.













To sum up, I would love to travel there with my track bike if it is possible. Going down the hills like the movie ‘The Secret Life of Walter Mitty’ (https://youtu.be/cT_Wuzag6VU), meeting new people and learning different languages and cultures. 

Comments

  1. Ohh..that country couldn't be farer from here, but I think it would be a great option, mostly because of its weather, so much different from the one we got here in Santiago of Chile- Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to read that someone else likes Iceland and icelandic music (more than Björk, haha). To be honest, the fact that Iceland is the most gender equality country blows my mind, I hope that one day we can say the same about latinamerican countries... Finally, I'd like to recommend you to listen to Gyda Valtýsdottir, Teitur Magnússon, for sure Sigur Rós, múm, The Sugarcubes, Kaelan Mikla, and Heilung (but it's not from Iceland haha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iceland is on the other side of the world but it must be worth the trip for those landscapes that seem out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh... how entertaining it sounds! I had never read about the wonders that iceland has It is always good to know the places of different countries, their landscapes, their culture, etc. it should be noted that the mention of the natural phenomenon called aurora borealis left me amazed, because I didn’t know it existed in real life and I liked how great it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iceland looks very cold, you'll have to be very warm in every moment, but its a place that worthwhile go, because you can see wonderful things there, like aurora borealis, snow and volcanoes. I think is a very good place for people love who loves the nature <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. the aurora borealis is fantastic, in Jupiter they also occur, watching them is a journey from another planet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Iceland is definitely a great destination for people who loves nature, I hope you can visit there someday and do all the things you wrote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find it´s the perfect place to travel. I love the cold and the places where you can fall in love with the magic of the nature. I´m not a big fan of mixing the cold with exercise but anyway I think it´s great that you want to cycle through those beautiful landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the landscapes that the particular geography of Iceland -being a volcanic island between two continents- creates. And I also fidn especially exciting this idea of traveling from the extreme south to the extreme north.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg, I also really like those climates and nature! I would also love to see the northern lights, I posted about them on my blog!
    How do you spell it correctly? Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights?

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my life goals is to see a aurora borealis in person! I really hope to see one

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everytime I thought about a good place to go to vacations I never considered iceland, but now, after read this post i know that is going to change. Also I am a winter lover and the weather and the landscapes of that country seems lovely to me. GOOD LUCK MAKING YOUR DREAM TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Iceland sounds great! i really like the cold and the landscape, if sometime i go there i wish i can know more of the history and the culture of that beatiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think it would be a perfect country to get to know it, I really like the cold and nature. The Aurora Borealis is something we've all seen in movies and it seems out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Island looks like a dream, ts a very calm place to live in. i like very the cold, so is a perfect place!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that place is very far away! jaja but it's very interesting, one of my main destinations is also to see the boreal halo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seeing the northern lights must be wonderful! After reading your blog, I think I want to go!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Iceland is a very unique and beautiful country, and I think it is a very good dream, due to the quality of life that people have there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Iceland sounds great, except for the ice part, nothing personal, i love winter but i overthink to much about the people or animal that dont have a roof.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts